Sunday, September 30, 2012

purple roses

Sitting in the United lounge now in Chicago. Gives me a chance to reflect on the weekend. I was happily home in Phoenix, home for my dose of sunshine and rock climbing and Mountain Man.

Yesterday I freshly blocked out my Lotus shawl to try to take pattern photos -- again.


You might remember that I took photos when I finished the shawl in Sedona in summer '11. But the desert vibe wasn't right. Then my sister and I took photos a second time when we were in Durham for Thanksgiving last year.  For some reason I felt like I needed another try.  I'll be finishing the pattern this week and now have a lot of photos to play with.

You can probably gather from my outfit that it's still warm and summery in Phoenix at the end of September.  Spectacularly pleasant mornings and evenings, just getting up to the mid-90s in the heat of the day. Our rosebush was blooming gloriously. I love these small purple roses. Love to tuck them behind my ears and trail their perfume.


And guess what else is in season there? Prickly pears.  We picked a bowl of little wild ones when we were out climbing in the desert.

Yum.





4 comments:

Susan said...

Looking forward to the Lotus pattern. I'll start tossing the stash for good options.

Turtle said...

the pears look cool! Lovely design as always... we will drop here from 70 to 50 tomorrow...fall is here!

kathy b said...

Lovely Lotus Shawl image..your arm is ballerina like

Turtle said...

:)