Saturday, November 26, 2011

cat & mouse

Thanksgiving. Traveled across the country to spend it with family, friends, and a Siamese kitten.

I knit him a mousie ...


And he loves it! He's been thundering about the house with it in his mouth, playing with it constantly, biting a hole in it that I've already mended, growling cutely when we try to take it away from him, and mewing when he's lost it under furniture.


My favorite game is to dangle the mousie by the tail and watch him jump and jump at it. He's a first-rate leaper.


And just look at those beautiful blue eyes!!

8 comments:

Florence said...

Too cute! Mine would love that!

Anonymous said...

I don't like cats - but I love these photos ..... and the beautiful blue eyes!

kathy b said...

Awww You know I love cats....this siamese is a winner. So pretty too
You were so thoughtful to bring him a mousie

Turtle said...

how sweet!Hmmm, i wonder how the strays would react to a knit catnip mouse down at the river camp?

Rachel said...

Cute mouse, cute cat, cute antics!!

KiniaCat Crafts said...

Spiffy pictures. Reminds me of the other kitty toy you spun then knit from Isis fur...;-)

PamB said...

Lovely photos - especially the third one. It looks like some demented creature with huge hands (it's not obviously a kitten!).

Acorn to Oak said...

Awwww...congrats on the new kitty! He's adorable! I love the picture of him leaping up...his eyes even look crossed. So cute!