Monday, May 30, 2011

knitting about town

I'm back to working on that green alpaca cardigan again. I unraveled the lower 8 inches -- thousands upon thousands of stitches -- and have been steadily re-knitting it. It was the one project I brought to DC with me, and I brought it everwhere. From a hip speakeasy bar ...


to an outdoor cafe in Alexandria ....


and rolling around town on the bus!


My sister and I were laughing about putting together a Dr. Seuss green-eggs-and-ham post about knitting a cardigan ... I will knit it in a bar. I will knit it in a car. I will knit it on the bus. I will knit it in a fuss! And so forth.

But we weren't consistent about taking photos everywhere I was knitting, and then I had to hop on the plane back to Boston.


Now I'm back. And suddenly it's hot and muggy, and I don't feel like knitting. I feel like sitting outside with a cold drink and a picnic, which is exactly what I did with a friend last night. We sat on a dock by the river, laid out watermelon and potato salad and cold chicken and a bottle of spiked iced tea, and watched the sun set over MIT .

7 comments:

Lucie said...

Being a Seusian, I would love to read your book about the green sweater. What fun that would be.

Turtle said...

lol at dr seuss! I love alexandria, my uncle lives there but been awhile since i visited! Our weekend was anything but hot n muggy.... we were lucky to have it get warm enough to tale the fleece vests off but keep the thermal shirt and flannel shirt on. We actually had a small tornado touch down ten miles from where we camped! Lots of on/off hail, rain, then splashes of sun. But we still had fun! Gotta luv WA, as crazy changing weather as new england!

lexa said...

It's hot and muggy here, too. It rained all day til about 4pm, then the sun came out. It turned out to be a beautiful evening, but it would have been nice to have had the thunder and lightning they called for to break up the air.

nordwolke said...

Crazy to knit in a bar. :) Very funny! Happy knitting!

kathy b said...

you spiked a tea?...
I see I see
a tipsy tea
for you an dme!

(okay what did you spike it WITH? I must know)

Anonymous said...

You knit in a speakeasy bar in DC?? How do I not know about it? I live here! Tell me, tell me, please!

Anonymous said...

Whoops, forgot my name. It's CHLOE