Friday, February 12, 2010

happy hour

Friday, 5 pm. End of a frustrating week. So nice to just step out into the backyard and let myself relax. It's beautiful out here. The sun is dropping low in the sky, lighting up the grapefruits on the tree.


In the middle of the lawn, Isis is crunching on pecans. She's very cute -- she roots around in the bushes to find the nuts that have fallen from the pecan trees, and then she brings them to the center of the yard to eat.


As for me, I'm looking forward to a very peaceful, very happy hour of sipping tea, soaking up the sunset, and working on my sweater. It's going to be a Katarina cardigan, with miles of meditative stockinette stitch.


p.s. I sent off emails to the winners of the Manzanita Cowl patterns. Thanks again to everyone who entered!

3 comments:

Turtle said...

it threw me for a moment when i saw pics posted of sunny grapefruit tree's, lol, thought maybe i had popped up an old post forgetting you do not live in the snow region!

Joansie said...

I just found your blog and love it. Love the cowl. I also read your post about your trip to Maine and especially enjoyed that as I am formally from Maine.

Joanne said...

Your photos are all so sparkling! Takes me right away from the snow banks and cold sunlight and into a different, grapefruit-y world. Love the dog snack photo...makes me want to reach right through the screen to give her a cuddle!

The sweater too looks luminous...