Monday, February 12, 2007

keeping warm


Gorgeous sunset this morning, with a spectacular, warm, tangerine glow behind the mountains. It took me a minute to run and get the camera, and the glow was already dissipating by the time I snapped this, but I wanted to remember this beautiful moment.

In other news, it's been very, very cold here! And I've been trying to keep my man warm with a new hat:
Pattern: Cambridge Watchcap
Yarn: Berrocco Ultra Alpaca, "Redwood Mix," 1 skein
Mods: Mountain Man likes his hats on the shorter side, above his ears actually, so I only knit 8.5" before beginning the top decreases.

The fact that I'm blogging only about the finished object means that I've already broken my resolution to blog more about my incremental progress. But it went quickly and would've made for terribly boring blog fodder. Also, I've only got dial-up now that I'm back up in Vermont, which has proven to be a bit of a disincentive for blogging.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great watchcap! I am off to get the yarn to make several for my grandsons. They will surely appreciate your pattern next year while attending New England colleges.

Thank you so much for sharing your perfect pattern.
chloe