Saturday, August 26, 2006

best souvenir ever

Nova Scotia. Land of exquisite harbors, tall ships, dramatic tides, glacial lakes. And Fleece Artist yarn.

I would never go so far as to say that this yarn was the best part of our honeymoon. But it's a gorgeous and tactile reminder of the blue skies and blue oceans that graced our trip. I bought a hank of merino sock yarn, and a kit with small hanks of blue-faced leicester DK and mohair. The kit is intended to be used for thick socks or mittens, but I'm going to see if I can eke a light hat out of the wool and an airy scarf out of the mohair. I picked by color - yum!

And you know you've found a good man when, facing the last half hour of vacation before you have to drive back to the airport, he tells you that he's found a good yarn store for you, rather than saying "no, the town ends up there, let's turn back and watch the tugboats."

No comments: